Are you obsessed with TikTok, Instagram and Pinterest? Have a commitment to nonprofits?
We’re looking for a social media savvy, organized Marketing Intern to join Marketing Mission for 12 hours per week. If you’re a person full of creativity and a passion for nonprofits and social change—please read on!
About Marketing Mission
Nonprofits are struggling to find affordable marketing solutions. A nonprofit with an annual budget of $100,000 will typically only have $2,000 allocated for marketing. However, corporations bill an average of $7200 per project. Thousands of nonprofits close their doors each year because they can’t afford the marketing they need to spread the word about their cause, and that’s just plain wrong.
At Marketing Mission, we know that nonprofits are struggling to find affordable marketing services. We believe marketing shouldn’t drain the bank, which is why we provide low-cost support to help organizations grow faster, stronger, and smarter.
At Marketing Mission, we are:
- Change-Makers: We believe that everyone can change the world through service
- Creative: We help nonprofits communicate their solutions to the world’s biggest problems through marketing, design, and communications
- Driven: Our team believes there’s always more we can do to serve, serve, serve
The Social Media Intern will play an essential role in helping increasing nonprofit organization’s social media visibility. As a social media intern, you’ll work to develop content for multiple organizations across platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
The major responsibilities of this position include:
- Brainstorm campaign ideas and help us create and schedule content
- Create written content for social media.
- Monitor + engage with various social media platforms for 3-5 hours per week
- Track and analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Understand the overall concept of the organization, including the brand, audience, and project goals.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving audience experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Learn and become proficient on internal software systems.
- Learn and become proficient in social media marketing strategies.
- Design of web material such as static/animated banners, GIFs and graphics for social networks (TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest)
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Journalism, Communications, Marketing degree (either completed or in-progress) desired
- Basic graphic design skills using Canva
- Ability to understand and implement Marketing Mission’s brand guidelines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to work independently with a fully remote working team
- Self-starter, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative, innovative thinker, and doer
- Knowledge of the youth sector and passion for youth empowerment a plus
- Working knowledge of different social media channels
- Experience with Buffer and Later a plus
We are committed to creating a diverse team and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.