Email campaigning is one of the most important parts of building relationships with your supporters and getting them to donate. But, when you’re a small grassroots nonprofit, it’s hard to know how to start building an email campaign.
That’s why using email marketing services is extremely helpful. Email marketing services make it easy to design and send captivating messages that will ring in the donations. Many of them will help you automate your emails, organize your subscriber lists and email campaigns, and keep tabs on how your subscribers are engaging with your messages.
Not sure which one is best for your organization’s needs? Here are five of the most effective tools to help get your email strategy off the ground.
- FloDesk: Flodesk is a newer email marketing tool, but it has proven to be one of the most effective. It’s easy to use, with a clean, modern design and a variety of templates that can be customized. And, compared to a lot of other platforms that increase pricing as subscriber count increases, a $39-a-month FloDesk subscription allows you to send unlimited numbers of emails to an unlimited subscriber list.
- MailChimp: MailChimp is one of the most popular tools for email marketing. Its email building tools are simple and easy-to-use, and the platform is easy to integrate with platforms such as WordPress, Magento, and Shopify. MailChimp also has autoresponders and email analytics tools. There are four different plans, ranging from free to $299 a month depending on your organization’s needs and number of subscribers.
- Constant Contact: Constant Contact is a beginner-friendly email platform with over 100 templates that users can customize. It makes it easy to schedule emails and provides built-in social media sharing tools. Constant Contact also provides users with extensive customer services to help you make the most of the platform and create a successful campaign. After a 60-day free trial, Constant Contact offers two different plans: one for $20 a month and one for $45 a month.
- Hubspot: Hubspot is a one-stop-shop for email marketing. It offers a wide range of email marketing tools which make it easy to design, personalize and optimize your emails. HubSpot is simple to use and allows you to customize your layout, add calls-to-action and images, and modify your content and colors to match your brand. Hubspot is free to start and offers different pricing options as you grow.
- Campaign Monitor: Campaign Monitor is a simple, straightforward email marketing and automation tool. The design tool uses drag and drop functionality and allows you to preview your email on desktop and mobile views simultaneously. Campaign Monitor also allows you to change your template without starting from scratch. This saves a lot of time when you feel that you want to change the entire layout, but you still keep the content. Campaign Monitor allows you to get started for free and additional pricing options depending on the size of your contact list.