Virtual events have become a staple in the world of fundraising. With virtual event marketing, you can reach out and interact with potential attendees even if they live halfway across the globe from your organization's location.
If you're struggling to generate interest for your fundraiser, read below for some reasons why this type of strategy matters—and how it could help get your supporters excited about coming together virtually.
In this article, we’ll review:
- What a virtual event marketing strategy is
- What a virtual event marketing strategy does for your organization
- Why virtual event marketing matters for your organization
Let’s get started.
What is a virtual event marketing strategy?
In a nutshell, a virtual event marketing strategy is your plan of action to increase awareness of your event and get community supporters and donors to register. Your strategy contains your organization’s value proposition, event theme, brand messaging and talking points, visual identity, and plan for email and social communications. Most importantly, having a strategy is key to achieving high registration and attendee numbers, and to reaching your fundraising goals.
What does a virtual event marketing strategy do?
Setting a strategy for your event helps clarify your objectives and map out your marketing plan. Your virtual event marketing strategy will help you:
- Set your goals and objectives - When you are clear on your registration and fundraising goals, you can set your key performance indicators (KPIs) for social and email, which will help indicate whether you’re on track for achieving your goals.
- Develop brand messaging and talking points - Every marketing campaign is the practice of repetition. Developing your talking points in your marketing strategy will help you clarify your message and be consistent with messaging.
- Design your visual identity - Your visual identity will help you stand out from other events, build trust with your online supporters, and will remind audience members of your brand.
- Plan your email and social communications - Say goodbye to wondering what to post this week. Your event marketing strategy will help you determine your content calendar and plan out all email and social media posts from the beginning.
When you develop a virtual event marketing strategy, you’ll rest easy knowing you have a solid strategy to help your organization reach its fundraising goals.
Why Does Virtual Event Marketing Matter?
When it comes to fundraising, many people are skeptical about the effectiveness of virtual events. They figure that with a live event, there is always someone in person who can provide some sort of emotional connection and spur on donations. But this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Virtual fundraisers can be just as successful - if not more so - because they offer a unique opportunity for donors to get involved with your cause from their own homes or offices. This means that you don't have to raise funds only when you're hosting an event; instead, you can reach out anytime and anywhere via email blasts or social media posts. And these efforts will pay off in increased engagement!
Virtual events are a great way to increase awareness about your nonprofit fundraising event, build rapport with potential donors, and raise money for your cause. To do this successfully you need an effective virtual event marketing strategy in place that will help you reach your goals.
The tips we’ve provided should provide some guidance on what it takes to create a solid plan of action when using social media or email campaigns as part of the marketing mix.
If all of these ideas sound too complicated or overwhelming, don't worry! With a custom virtual event marketing strategy built just for you, you can feel confident you’ll promote your event to the right people and raise the funds you need to continue living out your mission.
Get started today.